Upcoming WCCGS Events:
Spring 2016 events:
- Tuesday, April 18, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. Colorado Mesa University, Music Classroom
WCCGS Presents Randy Drake, guitar
Lecture Recital “Personal Experience with Focal Distonia Recovery”
Tuesday, May 16, 2017 7:00 p.m. Colorado Mesa University, Music Classroom
WCCGS Presents “2nd Annual Middle School Guitar Competition”. Open to all Middle School Guitar Students
Fall 2016 events:
- Tues, September 20, 7 – 8 pm. WCCGS Members Meeting. CMU Moss Performing Arts Center, Music classroom. Michelle Varela and Javier de los Santos will be performing. This will be the opening event of our Fall 2016 season. We will also discuss the role and mission of the WCCGS. There will be snacks.
- Tues, October 18, 7 – 8 pm. WCCGS Members Meeting. CMU Moss Performing Arts Center, Music class room. Mike Ashley, luthier based on the East Coast, will talk about Guitar Making and will answer questions about your guitar. Mike is in the process of making a copy of a Herman Hauser guitar.
- Tues, November 15, 7 – 8 pm. WCCGS Members Meeting. CMU Moss Performing Arts Center, Music class room. CMU Music faculty member Eric Nohe will present his guitar method of instruction. Mr. Nohe will have his book for sale at this meeting.
- The Western Colorado Classical Guitar Society (WCCGS) is cordially inviting you to our fourth annual Christmas Gathering and Members Performance Showcase on Saturday, December 3 at 6 pm. This is open to all WCCGS members, family, and friends. This will be held at John and Valerie Dobbs’ house. Contact John Dobbs for details or directions.
Summer 2016 events:
- Stephen Marchionda, classical guitarist, La guitarra poetica – July 21st, 2016, Two Rivers Winery. Doors open 6:30 PM, concert at 7:00 PM. This is a benefit concert for St. Mary’s Integrative Cancer Care. For tickets & information call: 970-298-1984 or email: GJSurvivorship@sclhs.net
Events this past Spring:
- Tues, Jan 19, 2016: 7 – 8 PM, WCCGS Members Meeting, Colorado Mesa University, Moss Performing Arts Center, Music Classroom, TOPIC – ‘Five, Six, Eight, Ten-Strings Classical Guitars: The Development of the Guitar’
- Fri, Jan 29, 2016: 7:30 PM, Nicolo Spera returns to Moss Performing Arts Center, Love Recital Hall (see details)
- Sat, Jan 30, 2016: 10 – 12 AM, Nicolo Spera Masterclass, Moss Performing Arts Center, Love Recital Hall (see details)
- Tues, Feb 16, 2016: 7 – 8:30 PM, WCCGS Members Meeting, Colorado Mesa University, Moss Performing Arts Center, Music Classroom, TOPIC: “HOW TO MAKE GUITARS AND HOW TO TAKE CARE OF THEM” Presented by Beau Hannam (see details)
- Tues, March 15, 2016, PLACE:PRIVATE RESIDENCE, TBA, 7:00 -8:30 p.m., TOPIC: PERFORMANCE AND DISCUSSION OF IRISH/CELTIC MUSIC ON CLASSICAL GUITARMEMBERS ONLY (WCCGS MEMBERS PLEASE PREPARE/PRACTICE A PIECE OR TWO; IF YOU NEED HELP FINDING IRISH/CELTIC GUITAR MUSIC CALL (970)778-6116 WE COULD PROVIDE YOU WITH SOME MUSIC. IF YOU ARE NOT A WCCGS MEMBER, BUT WOULD LIKE TO ATTEND AND/OR WOULD LIKE TO BECOME A MEMBER, PLEASE CALL (970)778-6116. Limited Spaces Available
Previous Fall Events:
- Oct 20, 2015 – 7 pm – Colorado Mesa University Student Center. Free and open to the public. We will do Ensemble Rehearsal.
- Nov 4, 2015 – 7:30 pm – Edgar Cruz concert – guitarist/arranger/compose from Oklahoma City, OK. Concert. (www.edgarcruz.com)
- Nov 4, 2015 – 10 am – 12 pm – Edgar Cruz Master Class.
- Nov 17, 2015 – 7 pm – Grand Valley Books (350 Main St, Downtown Grand Junction). Members performance. Free and open to the public.
- Dec 4, 2015 – 6 pm – Christmas Gathering and Members Performance Showcase. (2173 Buffalo Dr, Grand Junction (south of Wyngate Elementary School). Contact John Dobbs, 303-229-7871)
- Jan 29, 2016 – Nicolo Spera concert. Italian Guitarist: six and ten guitar. Head of Guitar Department – CU Boulder. (www.Colorado.EDU/music/faculty/nicolo-spera
- Jan 30, 2016 – Nicolo Spera master class. 10 am – 12 pm
- Tues, Feb 17, 2014 – Members meeting. Don will talk about the history of the guitar. And together we will practice quartets.
- Celino Romero Concert and Master Class postponed due to illness. Date and time TBA. We’re sorry for any inconvenience
- Mon, Mar 16 – Celino Romero in concert, 7:30 PM, CMU Moss Performing Arts Center, Love Recital Hall. Purchase tickets in advance or at the door.
- Tues, Mar 16 – Master class with Celino Romero (Celino Romero ). The master class will be held in Love Recital Hall, 10:00 – 12:00 am and 1:00 – 3:00 pm. Free an open to the public. For more information call (970) 778-6116